The Gang

The Gang
Ain't We Got Fun?

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sad news

Jackie Clemens' sheltie, Rosey, passed away quietly at home at the age of 15 years. Up until very lately, Rose was a very spry 15 and other than being somewhat slower than the rest of the gang, she was her usual self, just a bit older. When I first met Rosey, she was over a year old and was pretty weird looking. Her pretty red merle coat was very sparce and dry and brittle. She was obviously in need of a better diet and proper care. How lucky she was to meet Jackie Clemens, who rescued her and couldn't wait to phone me and tell me that this dog would be fabulous in agility. "Absolutely fearless," said Jackie. "Why, she is the first dog I've ever seen that could go from standing on the floor to standing on the stove in one straight-up leap." I wasn't sure that was a good thing, but it must have been because Rosey went on to stack up title after title in obedience and agility, and, like Jackie's other shelties, she learned two languages. Rose was my favorite. I think it was because she had such a rough start; she was the Cinderella dog. I will remember her for that.
Those of you who know Jackie might like to send her a message. She enjoys hearing from her Canadian friends.

I have this feeling there's one more star up in the sky tonight,
And even though it's far away, its brightness and warmth will still reach
us here to make the night a little less dark. That'll be Rosey.

The Prez

No comments: