The Gang

The Gang
Ain't We Got Fun?

Friday, July 9, 2010

Vernon Results















Hi, everybody,
Nancy and Brie, her papillon, entered the Vernon Dog Show and did sooooooo well. Here's her recap of the story.
Rally went well in Vernon for Brie & I …. first trial 100/100 & high in class both days – almost high in trial first day but a Lab in the excellent class also got 100 and just beat her by a couple seconds. I screwed up on the second day but still got high in class– I was the last dog in the class & it started pouring rain when it was our turn. She didn’t sit right away on a “front” and I forgot I could tell her to sit (duh) and re-did the exercise so lost 3 points plus a couple pts for poor sits. Judge on 2nd day was from USA and DQ’d a lot of the dogs. He definitely marked harder than first judge and told us to re-do if we thought we screwed up as it was better to lose 3 pts rather than 10 so guess that was on my mind. Dick said “why did you redo that exercise” and I said cause she didn’t sit right away. Been doing traditional obed too long and have to remind myself that I can give her commands L. There were only 2 Rally trials so need one more to finish the Novice title.
We are pretty proud of this team, especially when they can both work in the rain! Here are some pics of the action.
Congratulations! And keep up the good work. Papillon power!!!

No comments: