The Gang

The Gang
Ain't We Got Fun?

Sunday, November 1, 2009

APDT Rally Trial at Sit!!

Hi, all,
This weekend, Denise, with Viper and Jagged, Russell with Mojo, Shar with Ryder and I with Token ventured to Sit Happens! in Calgary for their APDT trials.
Denise and her dogs were absolutely flawless with fabulous scores; some High in Class with both dobes. And both of the dogs finished their Level 3 titles as well.
Shar got her first Level two leg with Ryder and a third place finish.
Russell qualified three for three and finished with his Level 1 title! He and Mojo entered a Level two round for the experience and had a blast.
Token qualified in both Level two rounds to gain her Level two title and then entered the Level 3 arena and got a leg towards that level as well. Had she left me at home, she would have been much better off, believe me. I need duct tape to prevent me from double-commanding. Too much CKC in me, I'm afraid.
Russell arrived Saturday in full hippy regalia and Shar and I showed up after my herding practice at High River (which, by the way, was terrific) as a clown and a jester with treats for both dogs and humans. We spent the day visiting with friends and cheering Denise and Russell on. Russell brought the house down when we were talking about finding a vendor's so we could buy some cheer after the trial was over. Russell piped out, "I have 3/4 of a bottle of rum..." and then continued after seeing everyone look over at him, "for baking purposes, of course."
We stayed at the Port of Call Inn and it was fabulous. What a treat! Had supper at Red Lobster and then dipped into the 'baking rum' for an hour or so. What a terrific time!
Best of all, we got to stop for another herding lesson at Louanne's on the way home and Token was amazing. Louanne says that Token is a "field" dog, not just an arena dog, which I take as a great compliment. If only she could stay at Louanne's for a week or so, she would really come ahead quickly.
Next weekend, Shar and I head for Red Deer with Ryder, Mo, (one of Token's pups) and Gracie, Mary Ellen's shorthair. Shar has Ryder double-entered for RAE points, Jodi and Russ have Mo entered in his first ever conformation show handled by me, and Mary Ellen has Grace entered in Rally Excellent with me showing her on Friday and Mary Ellen taking over on Sat.Sun. Wish us luck.
Judi

No comments: