The Gang

The Gang
Ain't We Got Fun?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Herding News

You'll have to forgive my tardiness in updating the site re: Herding in High River. I was not at the competition on Saturday and Sunday, but did receive some good news from Lore Bruder. Her cardi corgis did very well! Razzor got his AHBA Jr. title, Bonnie received another qualifying score towards her Herding Started title, and Fido, co-owned and handled by Gloria Graham, managed to obtain two Q's towards Started as well. Bonnie ended up High Scoring Corgi. The 'Maytag shepherds' did us all proud. Lore is tremendously encouraged and has been out every night chasing sheep and moving panels to change pen sizes.

We wish everyone who is travelling to the AKC show at Springbank Park for all Seasons the best of luck this coming weekend. Please take the time to send me your results so I can brag for you on the blog. Safe travel to all of you.

AKC will be bittersweet for me. I especially love the show for all its entertainment and specifically ask for a spot on the agility field so I can watch the action when I am not running back and forth with dogs in other rings. This year I will miss seeing my friend of 20 years, Michelle, who has been such a part if this show. Michelle passed away suddenly last week due to complications in surgery, ending a short but valiant battle with cancer. I was looking through photos of Michelle and each one brought back such good times. And a regret, too, as we were both so looking forward to Michelle being strong enough to once again go for a ride on Easy, her 'adopted' horse. In this world where things can change in a moment, we should remember to enjoy all the moments we have with each other for each one is precious.

Take care,

Judi

No comments: