The Gang

The Gang
Ain't We Got Fun?

Monday, September 17, 2012

Heritage Acres Fall Fair

Members of the Southern Alberta Working/Herding Dog Association travelled to Pincher Creek, Alberta, to provide some Canine Entertainment for the first ever Heritage Acres Farm Museum Fall Fair.

We had such fun.  Over 14 dogs were on hand for the performance, which included barrel racing, agility, and square dancing........yes, square dancing.  In between times, three of the dogs took advantage of the wide open spaces offered at Heritage to do some Draft work.  

Fall Fair organizer Deb Berg, had this to say about our efforts.

"Oh my gosh Judi.  People were SO excited about the dogs yesterday at our
Heritage Acres Fall Fair!  I was so happy to meet you and so sorry I
didn't get back.  We were so busy with the bench show and then the lunch
in Summerview Hall.  I was wearing a couple of hats yesterday and just
was busy, busy, busy.  All the buzz I heard was that people loved the
dogs being there and we couldn't be happier.  I don't know how we can
thank you enough.  Would love to hear feedback from your group.  Did you
like the event?  Was the space okay?  What else could we have done for
you?  I'm very happy we connected and we are very pleased to have had
you be a part of our first ever Fall Fair.  It wasn't as big as we'd
like but it will grow and your group certainly helped us make it the
success that it was this first year.  Thanks again. "

I think we can safely say that we were enjoyed by all who saw us.

"Today, I was in Walmart and a fellow stopped me and told me how much he enjoyed what
our group did and hoped we'd be back next year."

The best part about all this is that we do this for the fun of it, not for competition or prizes.
We all cheer each other on and enjoy every minute of what each dog does.  Thank you to everyone who took the time to come out and share their dogs and their time.   What a great Public Relations
opportunity.


Our wonderful info booth.



                               Barrel Racing .... check out the style!

Next is the High River Parade of Lights..... 

No comments: